Submissions for the 2020 Salem Lit Fest are open!
Please follow the guidelines below.
We will post the full schedule of speakers in the summer!
- Deadline: May 1, 2020.
- Online Submissions: Only online submissions are accepted. See the form.
- Priorities: Preference is given to local authors with books released either in hardback or paperback in 2019 and up to June 1, 2020.
- Festival structure: This year’s festival format will be a combination of past festivals, including but not limited to readings, showcases, panels and other programs. Explore speakers and types of programming offered in past Festivals by clicking here.
- Book, ARC, Page submissions: An application will not be accepted without four (4) copies of the material the author plans to read. Please ship books to
Salem Literary Festival
c/o Salem Athenaeum
337 Essex St.,
Salem, MA 01970
- Multiple submissions: If you wish to submit more than one title for an author, please provide details about the second title in the comments field. Please do not submit multiple forms for the same author, even if the books are in different genres and published by different publishers. Provide the necessary details in comments.
- Co-authors: If both authors wish to participate, please submit a form for each author, including separate bios and photos.
- Series authors: Please submit the title of the newest book in a series as of March 2020.
- Book sales: The Festival arranges ALL book sales, working with local bookstores and booksellers; they arrange ordering books. (Upon occasion, authors will need to provide their own books, and we will notify individual authors when that is necessary.)
- Publicity and promotion: Participants and their books are promoted through the Festival website and printed materials; in regional media; and in blogs, podcasts, social media, and networking sites.
- Travel and fees: Unless otherwise discussed, speakers are asked to assume the costs of participation, including travel and lodging. There is no submission fee to apply to the Festival.
- Decisions: Invitations to participate in the festival will be issued no later than July 1, 2020. Due to the overwhelming number of applicants, not everyone who applies will hear from us. Please know that we truly appreciate all applications we receive.
- Information requested: View a sample PDF of the online form here. You may wish to gather the following information in advance for online submission of an author:
- Author and publisher’s contact information
- Hi-res photo of author
- Forty-word bio
- Author’s website
- Author’s social media handles, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Information about whether the author is willing to do school presentations
- Questions? Please contact Festival staff at email@example.com